- About Us
- Alternative Breaks
- Community Partners
- Service Philosophy
- Contact Us
This year's BuCC will be held Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 at the UMC Fountain (backup Carlson Gym)
If you're part of Greek Week, complete the BuCC & Sustainable Food Fair Quiz here!
The Buffalo Can Challenge is a yearly competition organized to raise hunger awareness in Boulder County. Nonperishable food and money is collected for Community Food Share, Boulder county’s food bank. Registered groups design and build sculptures out of donated food items!
This will be the 8th year of the BuCC. The competition, public viewing, and judging are all to be held at the UMC Fountain.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
BUILD: Any campus group, department, office, and all student, staff, and faculty are welcome to register as a group here to raise food and build a structure.
DONATE: healthy, non-perishable food or funds to our local Community Food Share at bins across campus. To host a bin in your office, contact email@example.com.If you bring a can donation on the day of the event, your name will be entered in a raffle to win a $25 gift card to the CU Bookstore.
EDUCATE: Please educate yourself about Food Justice and our partner, Community Food Share below!
- Food Justice is communities exercising their right to grow, sell, and eat healthy food
- A $1 donation provides 4 meals to clients at Community Food Share
- Community Food Share works to provide food to vulnerable communities, which are families of children on the free lunch program and low income seniors
- There are over 56,000 people in Boulder and Broomfield counties are living at or below poverty ($30,615 annually for a family of 4).
- USDA's labels define food security below:
Thank you to all who participated in BUCC 2013! With your help we raised 15,000 pounds of food!